New Polity Table!
We just added a table upstairs dedicated to Polity Books!
Polity is a leading international publisher in the social sciences and humanities and publishes some of the world’s best authors in these fields. Their aim is to combine the publication of original, cutting-edge work of the highest quality with a systematic programme of textbooks and coursebooks for students and scholars in further and higher education.
The Polity list is particularly strong in the areas of sociology, politics and social and political theory. They also have strong lists in a range of other subjects including philosophy, history,literary studies, media and cultural studies, gender studies, and anthropology.
They are committed to the diffusion of ideas across language barriers and they have a major translation programme. Among the many authors Polity translates are Pierre Bourdieu, Jürgen Habermas, T.W. Adorno, Walter Benjamin, Norbert Elias, Ulrich Beck, Niklas Luhmann, Norberto Bobbio, Gianni Vattimo, Jacques Derrida, Paul Ricoeur, Jean Baudrillard, Jean-Francois Lyotard, Georges Duby and Roger Chartier.
While primarily an academic publisher, many of Polity's books are also of interest to a general readership and they are committed to publishing outstanding books which stimulate public debate about key issues in social, political and cultural life.
Established in 1984, Polity has grown rapidly into one of the world’s most prestigious lists. They are an independent company with offices in Cambridge and Oxford in the UK and Boston in the US and our books are available throughout the world. Sales representation and the distribution of polity books is provided by John Wiley and Sons Ltd.
Be sure to come into our store to check out Polity's many titles or visit their website to learn more: http://www.politybooks.com/
Recent blog posts
- New Year, New Reads from Book Culture Selects
- Pre-order a signed copy of Eloisa James' new book, "Too Wilde to Wed"
- Winter with Book Culture Selects
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Columbus
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on 112th
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Broadway
- Get My Preservation Journal at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Haley's Staff Picks featured at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Sara's Review of The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone
- Book Culture LIC Staff Profile: Juan Patrick!