Podcast w/ Chris Doeblin: The Case for Independent Bookstores Making Bold Moves
Be sure to check out a recently released podcast interview with Book Culture's owner, Chris Doeblin, in which he speaks about the opening of the new Columbus Store, the historic struggle of independent bookstores in NYC, his' favorite books, and other insights into life as a bookstore owner and bookseller.
"Book Culture owner Chris Doeblin has lived in the neighborhood for more than three decades, and during that time he's seen many independent book shops pushed out by larger chains and the advent of e-books, he said. But by opening his newest outpost on an expensive stretch of Columbus Avenue, Doeblin believes he's changing the narrative."--Emily Frost, Journalist reporting on the Upper West Side
Recent blog posts
- New Year, New Reads from Book Culture Selects
- Pre-order a signed copy of Eloisa James' new book, "Too Wilde to Wed"
- Winter with Book Culture Selects
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Columbus
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on 112th
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Broadway
- Get My Preservation Journal at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Haley's Staff Picks featured at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Sara's Review of The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone
- Book Culture LIC Staff Profile: Juan Patrick!