Book Culture at 112th Staff Summer Reading Lists!
After yet another brutal New York winter, summer is finally here! No more gray freezing days--the city is in full bloom, the sun sets later every day, and we have more time than ever to laze around NYC's parks and benches to READ! We hope our staff and managers' personal summer reading lists will help inspire many months full of of playful, contemplative, and ever surprising literary adventures.
1. Honor by Elif Shafak
2. The Bone People by Keri Hulme
3. Of One Blood by Pauline Hopkins
1. Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison
2. Ferrante Triology by Elena Ferrante
3. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
1. Ugly Feelings by Sianne Ngai
2. My Struggle, Book 2 by Karl Ove Knausgaard
3. Autobiography of Red by Anne Carson
1. Passion According to G.H. by Clarice Lispector
2. Objectivity by Lorraine Daston and Peter Galison
3. The Dream Songs by John Berryman
1. My Struggle, Book 2 by Karl Ove Knausgaard
2. Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
3. The Argonauts by Maggie Nelson
Cody: Events Manager
1. The Queen of the Night by Alexander Chee
2. True False by Miles Klee
3. Antigonick by Anne Carson
1. Black Jack, Volume 1 by Osama Tezuka
2. Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie
3. If On A Winter's Night A Traveler by Italo Calvino
1. The Sot-Weed Factor by John Barth
2. Broom of the System by David Foster Wallace
3. Tim and Eric's Zone Theory by Heidecker and Wareheim
1.Werner Herzog: Guide for the Perplexed edited by Paul Cronin
2. Becoming Richard Pryor by Scott Saul
3.Breathturn into Timestead: The Collected Later Poetry by Paul Celan
1. Habeas Viscus by Alexander G. Weheliye
2. The Cunning of Recognition by Elizabeth Povinelli
3. Power at the End of the Economy by Brian Massumi
1. Mislaid by Nell Zink
2. Trances of the Blast by Mary Ruefle
3. Hopscotch by Julio Cortazar
Recent blog posts
- New Year, New Reads from Book Culture Selects
- Pre-order a signed copy of Eloisa James' new book, "Too Wilde to Wed"
- Winter with Book Culture Selects
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Columbus
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on 112th
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Broadway
- Get My Preservation Journal at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Haley's Staff Picks featured at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Sara's Review of The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone
- Book Culture LIC Staff Profile: Juan Patrick!