Book Culture Selects: Spring Picks!
Wondering what we’ve been up to for the past few months at Book Culture Selects? We’ve been surprising the mailman with huge stacks of boxes to send all across the country! We’ve been writing pens out of their ink while scribbling away on the handwritten letters that go in every box! And most of all, as always, we’ve been reading furiously, trying to find the very best new titles out there to send to our subscribers. Check out the latest batch of Selects choices below:
New and Noteworthy Fiction Hardcover: Lucky Boy by Shanthi Sekaran
New and Noteworthy Fiction Paperback: Ways to Disappear by Idra Novey
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction Hardcover: Other Minds by Peter Godfrey-Smith
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction Paperback: Know This by John Brockman
Forever Young Adult: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
Literature in Translation: The Gardens of Consolation by Parisa Reza
Around the World: Clandestine in Chile by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Poetry: Self-Portrait as Wikipedia Entry by Dean Rader
Life Stories: The Skin Above My Knee by Marcia Butler
New and Noteworthy Fiction Hardcover: The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See
New and Noteworthy Fiction Paperback: Peacekeeping by Mischa Berlinski
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction Hardcover: City of Light, City of Poison by Holly Tucker
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction Paperback: The Confidence Game by Maria Konnikova
Around the World: The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
Forever Young Adult: We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
Literature in Translation: The Heart by Maylis de Kerangal
Poetry: The Flayed City by Hal Alluri
Life Stories: Irena’s Children by Tilar J. Mazzeo
Don’t forget about us when you’re on the hunt for the perfect Mother’s Day gift! If your mom raised you to love books, you can return the favor by setting her up with a year’s worth of reading that will arrive right at her door!
Recent blog posts
- Find out what Romance Book Club will be reading this month!
- Sara's Review of Her Body and Other Parties
- February Picks from Book Culture Selects
- New Year, New Reads from Book Culture Selects
- Pre-order a signed copy of Eloisa James' new book, "Too Wilde to Wed"
- Winter with Book Culture Selects
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Columbus
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on 112th
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Broadway
- Get My Preservation Journal at Book Culture on Columbus!