Dog Days with Book Culture Selects
Ah, summer. Love is in the air, the birds are singing, every subway platform is oppressively hot, and everyone is on the lookout for some great summer reading! Never fear-- we have plenty of suggestions. Our booksellers are constantly reading the newest and most interesting things in the hopes of sending them as part of Book Culture Selects! With nine programs for adults (x) and two new ones for children (x) (x), there's no shortage of great reads making their way across the country to our voracious subscribers.
Check out our selections for June and July-- a few of which may look familiar if you've been reading the Times Book Review lately! You never know, one might make it onto your summer reading list.
New and Noteworthy Fiction Hardcover: Ginny Moon by Benjamin Ludwig
New and Noteworthy Fiction Paperback: The Mother by Yvette Edwards
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction Hardcover: Mozart's Starling by Lyanda Lynn Haupt
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction Paperback: The Midnight Assassion by Skip Hollandsworth
Forever Young Adult: A Face Like Glass by Frances Hardinge
Literature in Translation: Moving the Palace by Charif Majdalani
Around the World: The Nakano Thrift Shop by Hiromi Kawakami
Life Stories: Theft by Finding by David Sedaris
Poetry: Extracting the Stone of Madness by Alejandra Pizarnik
New and Noteworthy Fiction Hardcover: Salt Houses by Hala Alyan
New and Noteworthy Fiction Paperback: The House at the Edge of Night by Catherine Banner
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction Hardcover: The Boy Who Loved Too Much by Jennifer Latson
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction Paperback: Patient H.M. by Luke Dittrich
Forever Young Adult: The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
Literature in Translation: The Attempt by Magdalena Platzova
Around the World: Running in the Family by Michael Ondaatje
Life Stories: You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Sherman Alexie
Poetry: The Beauty by Jane Hirshfield
Picture Books: If I Had a Little Dream by Nina Laden
Visit the main Selects page to learn more about all our available programs, and to get started with your own subscription today!
Recent blog posts
- Q&A with Anelise Chen, Author of So Many Olympic Exertions
- Get your coursebooks cheaper at Book Culture!
- Q&A with Joanna Walsh, author of Worlds from the Word's End
- Josh's Staff Picks Featured at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Book Culture Selects September Picks
- Women in Translation Month Q&A with Kaiama L. Glover
- Book Culture on Columbus's Women in Translation Month Display!
- Sara's Review of The Half-Drowned King by Linnea Hartsuyker
- Q&A with Khiara M. Bridges, author of The Poverty of Privacy Rights
- Women in Translation Month Q&A with Lina Meruane