Gearing up to carve some pumpkins and mull some cider? Need a spooky book to match your costume? Whether you're a haunted house addict or just in it for the candy, we've put together a list of our favorite books to accompany your October festivities.
Tales of the uncanny, Gothic novels new and old, and truth that's scarier than fiction--check out what we're reading to get into the Halloween spirit!
The back to school season is upon us, and this means it's also time to buy coursebooks. Students always try to save as much money as possible, while still getting the books they need.
Women in Translation Month is coming to a close, but we have time for one more Q&A, with Kaiama Glover, whose translation of Marie Vieux-Chauvet's Dance on the Volcano was released earlier this year. She was kind enough to take the time to answer some questions for us about translation and her work.
Recent blog posts
- New Year, New Reads from Book Culture Selects
- Pre-order a signed copy of Eloisa James' new book, "Too Wilde to Wed"
- Winter with Book Culture Selects
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Columbus
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on 112th
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Broadway
- Get My Preservation Journal at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Haley's Staff Picks featured at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Sara's Review of The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone
- Book Culture LIC Staff Profile: Juan Patrick!