Here at Book Culture, we're excited to observe Women's History Month by celebrating some of our favorite female authors. As part of that celebration, we're holding a contest at our location on 112th St: identify as many of the authors on the poster as you can and you could win a $50 gift card! We'll be running the contest all month, so come on over and submit your entry--and while you're here, tell us about some of your favorite women writers!
Book Culture 112
2016 is coming to an end, and to celebrate we're taking a look back at our bestsellers of the year! Each of the following sixteen books was released, in either paperback or hardcover, within the past year. Make sure to check out the lists from Book Culture on Broadway and Book Culture on Columbus, too!
It's Memorial Day, which means we've finally reached the (unofficial) start of summer! Summer is vacations at the beach, strolls around the park, drinks on the patio, and, best of all, summer reading! Back in the day summer was the season to finally read whatever we wanted, without the constraints of school work; most of us are no longer operating according to a school calendar, but summer still feels like a special time to be reading. To celebrate the advent of this glorious time of year, we've decided to share what's on our summer reading lists.
Recent blog posts
- Q&A with Anelise Chen, Author of So Many Olympic Exertions
- Get your coursebooks cheaper at Book Culture!
- Q&A with Joanna Walsh, author of Worlds from the Word's End
- Josh's Staff Picks Featured at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Book Culture Selects September Picks
- Women in Translation Month Q&A with Kaiama L. Glover
- Book Culture on Columbus's Women in Translation Month Display!
- Sara's Review of The Half-Drowned King by Linnea Hartsuyker
- Q&A with Khiara M. Bridges, author of The Poverty of Privacy Rights
- Women in Translation Month Q&A with Lina Meruane