Fall is here, and with it we say hello to brisk mornings, cozy sweaters, and reading new and old favorite books in our favorite coffee shops (ours is the Hungarian Pastry Shop). Here’s what our booksellers are reading and recommending this fall.
As we approach the 100th day of Donald Trump's presidency, these reading lists unfortunately remain as relevant as ever. We've seen Trump's attempts to implement his campaign promises to build a wall along the border with Mexico and ban Muslims from the country, which has us, as booksellers, thinking about books which push back against his ethno-nationalist view for the country. Here, then, is a short list of books which celebrate the full diversity of this country.
As inauguration day approaches, we here at Book Culture are thinking about the work that lies ahead of us. How can we fight back against a Trump administration? Here are some books to get us started.
This post is the second in a series of posts responding to Trump's election. Read the first post, "Understanding What Happened," here.
Recent blog posts
- Find out what Romance Book Club will be reading this month!
- Sara's Review of Her Body and Other Parties
- February Picks from Book Culture Selects
- New Year, New Reads from Book Culture Selects
- Pre-order a signed copy of Eloisa James' new book, "Too Wilde to Wed"
- Winter with Book Culture Selects
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Columbus
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on 112th
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Broadway
- Get My Preservation Journal at Book Culture on Columbus!