Travel across the globe and gets insights into other cultures -- all from the comfort of your couch (or other favorite reading spot). Starting this month, you can sign up for our Around the World book subscription. Each month will feature a book from a different continent. These books, all chosen by indie bookseller Devon Dunn, capture the essence and locales of countries from around the world. This subscription is perfect for fans of Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche, Jorge Luis Borges, or Arundhati Roy. Learn a little more about this subscription, and the bookseller behind it, by checking out our Q&A with Devon here
Yelena Bryksenkova is a Russian born illustrator based in New Haven, Connecticut. Using vibrant colors and amazing detail, Bryksenkova's drawings depict scenes of everyday life that are anything but ordinary. In her work that toes the line between being dreamy and realistic, the familiar is fantastically alive: every object and creature--whether a face, tree, table, dress, imaginary elephant--buzzes with personality.
Recent blog posts
- Q&A with Anelise Chen, Author of So Many Olympic Exertions
- Get your coursebooks cheaper at Book Culture!
- Q&A with Joanna Walsh, author of Worlds from the Word's End
- Josh's Staff Picks Featured at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Book Culture Selects September Picks
- Women in Translation Month Q&A with Kaiama L. Glover
- Book Culture on Columbus's Women in Translation Month Display!
- Sara's Review of The Half-Drowned King by Linnea Hartsuyker
- Q&A with Khiara M. Bridges, author of The Poverty of Privacy Rights
- Women in Translation Month Q&A with Lina Meruane