The nominations database for the Nobel prize in literature is only available publicly for records more than 50 years old. From 1901 to 1964, these authors were nominated (some many times!) but were never awarded the Nobel prize.
Here at Book Culture, we're excited to observe Women's History Month by celebrating some of our favorite female authors. As part of that celebration, we're holding a contest at our location on 112th St: identify as many of the authors on the poster as you can and you could win a $50 gift card! We'll be running the contest all month, so come on over and submit your entry--and while you're here, tell us about some of your favorite women writers!
Recent blog posts
- Sara's Review of The Half-Drowned King by Linnea Hartsuyker
- Q&A with Khiara M. Bridges, author of The Poverty of Privacy Rights
- Women in Translation Month Q&A with Lina Meruane
- Book Culture on Columbus features Lucas's Staff Picks this Month
- It's Women in Translation Month!
- August Picks: Book Culture Selects
- Book Culture on Columbus shows off Debut Novels
- Book Culture on Broadway: Summer Reads Display
- Q&A with Kathleen A. Flynn, author of The Jane Austen Project
- Dog Days with Book Culture Selects