Brenda Bowen's new novel, Enchanted August, is on our shelves now! Check out this Q&A with the author before stopping in to pick up your copy.
Q & A
On Monday, June 15, at 7pm, Brin-Jonathan Butler will be discussing his memoir The Domino Diaries: My Decade Boxing with Olympic Champions and Chasing Hemingway's Ghost in the Last Days of Castro's Cuba at Book Culture on 112th Street. Brin-Jonathan Butler is a writer and filmmaker. His work has appeared in ESPN Magazine, Vice, Deadspim, The Wall Street Journal, Salon and The New York Times. Butler's documentary, Split Decision, is an examination of Cuban-American relations and the economic and cultural paradoxes that have shaped them since Castro's revolution, through the lens of elite Cuban boxers forced to choose between remaining in Cuba or defecting to America.
We're very excited to be hosting an event with David MacNeal on July 20th to promote his new book, Bugged: The Insects Who Rule the World and the People Obsessed with Them. He was kind enough to answer a few questions for us in anticipation.
Ed Boland will be here on Wednesday, February 17 at 7pm for a discussion on his new book, The Battle for Room 314. In eager anticipation of the event, we asked Boland to answer a few of our questions ahead of time. Check out our Q&A and join us in February to hear more about Boland's work!
In celebration of the publication of Elyssa Friedland's debut novel, Love and Miss Communication, we had the chance to ask her a few questions about the development of her first novel, her personal reading, and upcoming projects. We would also like to thank her for coming into Book Culture on Columbus for a book signing this past month! Her book is available in store or on our website.
We're excited to be hosting Erica Komisar on April 12th for an event promoting her new book, Being There: Why Prioritizing Motherhood in the First Three Years Matters. In anticipation, we asked her a few questions--her are her responses!
Recent blog posts
- New Year, New Reads from Book Culture Selects
- Pre-order a signed copy of Eloisa James' new book, "Too Wilde to Wed"
- Winter with Book Culture Selects
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Columbus
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on 112th
- Best 17 of 2017: Book Culture on Broadway
- Get My Preservation Journal at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Haley's Staff Picks featured at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Sara's Review of The Woman Who Smashed Codes by Jason Fagone
- Book Culture LIC Staff Profile: Juan Patrick!