Book Culture on Columbus is getting a brand new romance section! Eloisa James, author of My American Duchess, Four Nights With the Duke, and the forthcoming Seven Minutes in Heaven, just to name a few, has graciously agreed to help curate the section. Today we're welcoming her to the blog to talk about a few of her favorites!
As we approach the 100th day of Donald Trump's presidency, these reading lists unfortunately remain as relevant as ever. We've seen Trump's attempts to implement his campaign promises to build a wall along the border with Mexico and ban Muslims from the country, which has us, as booksellers, thinking about books which push back against his ethno-nationalist view for the country. Here, then, is a short list of books which celebrate the full diversity of this country.
As inauguration day approaches, we here at Book Culture are thinking about the work that lies ahead of us. How can we fight back against a Trump administration? Here are some books to get us started.
This post is the second in a series of posts responding to Trump's election. Read the first post, "Understanding What Happened," here.
One of the perks of working at Book Culture is having the opportunity to peruse the reading lists for classes at Columbia, Barnard, and beyond. As we struggle to understand and move forward in the wake of Trump's inauguration, we wondered: what do the faculty members in our community think we ought to be reading? Here, then, are the reading lists for a few relevant classes this semester.
All of us at Book Culture were shocked and unsettled by the results of the election earlier this month. As booksellers, we believe there are books for every situation, so we immediately started thinking about what books to turn to now; this is the first in a series of posts about books to read in reponse to Trump's election. For this first installment, we thought about what to read to try to understand what's happened.
Recent blog posts
- Q&A with Anelise Chen, Author of So Many Olympic Exertions
- Get your coursebooks cheaper at Book Culture!
- Q&A with Joanna Walsh, author of Worlds from the Word's End
- Josh's Staff Picks Featured at Book Culture on Columbus!
- Book Culture Selects September Picks
- Women in Translation Month Q&A with Kaiama L. Glover
- Book Culture on Columbus's Women in Translation Month Display!
- Sara's Review of The Half-Drowned King by Linnea Hartsuyker
- Q&A with Khiara M. Bridges, author of The Poverty of Privacy Rights
- Women in Translation Month Q&A with Lina Meruane