Meet the Staff at Book Culture on Columbus: Kiley McLean
I’m from Chicago by way of Worcester, Massachusetts. I moved here a few months ago for grad school and when I’m not at Book Culture, I am teaching second grade.
What is your role as a bookseller for Book Culture?
On top of having store hours, I also work as the accounting assistant. I wouldn’t necessarily say I control all the money for the new store, but…
How did you come to be join the Book Culture family?
I recently graduated and was looking for a job that would be flexible as I pursue my graduate degree in Special Education and Social Work at Bank Street/Columbia.
What are your areas of expertise?
Children and middle reader books. If you want your kid to be the next Junie B. Jones or Nate the Great, I got you.
What are you looking forward to most at Book Culture on Columbus?
The comfy chairs.
Recent blog posts
- 2019 National Book Awards Longlist for Translated Literature
- Q&A with Rachel Vail
- Sara's Review of The House of Impossible Beauties
- Anti-Beach Reads
- Sara's Review of With the Fire on High
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture Long Island City
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture on Broadway
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture on Columbus
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture 112
- Q&A with Abbigail N. Rosewood, author of If I Had Two Lives