Podcast w/ Chris Doeblin: The Case for Independent Bookstores Making Bold Moves
Be sure to check out a recently released podcast interview with Book Culture's owner, Chris Doeblin, in which he speaks about the opening of the new Columbus Store, the historic struggle of independent bookstores in NYC, his' favorite books, and other insights into life as a bookstore owner and bookseller.
"Book Culture owner Chris Doeblin has lived in the neighborhood for more than three decades, and during that time he's seen many independent book shops pushed out by larger chains and the advent of e-books, he said. But by opening his newest outpost on an expensive stretch of Columbus Avenue, Doeblin believes he's changing the narrative."--Emily Frost, Journalist reporting on the Upper West Side
Recent blog posts
- Book Culture goes to CLMP's Firecracker Awards!
- Summer Reading 2018: Book Culture on Columbus
- Summer Reading 2018: Book Culture on Broadway
- Summer Reading 2018: Book Culture LIC
- Summer Reading 2018: Book Culture 112
- Sara's Review of The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy
- Spring Titles from Book Culture Selects
- Author Q&A with Kate Colby
- Author Q&A with Gabriel Ojeda-Sague
- April is National Poetry Month!