Podcast w/ Chris Doeblin: The Case for Independent Bookstores Making Bold Moves
Be sure to check out a recently released podcast interview with Book Culture's owner, Chris Doeblin, in which he speaks about the opening of the new Columbus Store, the historic struggle of independent bookstores in NYC, his' favorite books, and other insights into life as a bookstore owner and bookseller.
"Book Culture owner Chris Doeblin has lived in the neighborhood for more than three decades, and during that time he's seen many independent book shops pushed out by larger chains and the advent of e-books, he said. But by opening his newest outpost on an expensive stretch of Columbus Avenue, Doeblin believes he's changing the narrative."--Emily Frost, Journalist reporting on the Upper West Side
Recent blog posts
- The Baillie Gifford Prize for Non-Fiction 2018 Shortlist
- German Story Time at Broadway is Back!
- Pre-order a signed copy of S. A. Chakraborty's new book, "The Kingdom of Copper"
- Changing, Adjusting, Expanding: Conversation On The Art Of Translation With Author & Translator Kate Briggs
- Q&A with translator Ellen Cassedy
- #WiTM Spotlight with Lynne Sharon Schwartz
- Perfect Books for Your Brewery Crawl!
- August is Women in Translation Month!
- Author Q&A with Michiko Kakutani
- Order your Signed Copy of Eloisa James's Born to be Wilde!