Columbus: Midnight release of Harper Lee's "Go Set a Watchman"
Book Culture on Columbus will be open tonight for the midnight release of Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman. Doors open at 11:45pm and the store will cose at 12:30am. *Limit one per customer. Supply for the midnight release is first come, first serve. Special orders will be guaranteed in the next shipment.
Synopsis: Originally written in the mid-1950s, Go Set a Watchman was the novel Harper Lee first submitted to her publishers before To Kill a Mockingbird. Assumed to have been lost, the manuscript was discovered in late 2014. Go Set a Watchman features many of the characters from To Kill a Mockingbird some twenty years later. Returning home to Maycomb to visit her father, Jean Louise Finch Scout struggles with issues both personal and political, involving Atticus, society, and the small Alabama town that shaped her.
Exploring how the characters from To Kill a Mockingbird are adjusting to the turbulent events transforming mid-1950s America, Go Set a Watchman casts a fascinating new light on Harper Lee's enduring classic. Moving, funny and compelling, it stands as a magnificent novel in its own right.
Harper Lee was born in 1926 in Monroeville, Alabama. She attended Huntingdon College and studied law at the University of Alabama. She is the author of two novels, To Kill a Mockingbird and Go Set a Watchman. Harper Lee has been awarded numerous literary awards, including the Pulitzer Prize and the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
Book Culture on Columbus: 450 Columbus Ave.
Recent blog posts
- Our Most Anticipated Books of March 2023
- Our Most Anticipated Books of February 2023
- Our Most Anticipated Books of January 2023
- The List 2022 - Nonfiction Edition
- The List 2022 - Fiction Edition
- Our Most Anticipated Books of November 2022
- Book Culture's Must-Eat Cookbooks of 2022
- October 2022 Selects from Molly!
- Author Q&A: Stephanie Azzarone
- Most Anticipated Books of October 2022 (Part 2!)