TOON Talk : From The New Yorker to Kids’ Comics
Join Françoise Mouly and Frank Viva, who spoke at Book Culture on Columbus in May, on Tuesday, July 12th at 6:30pm at the Museum of the City of New York. Françoise Mouly, a pioneering comics publisher, for a conversation about the wondrous possibilities for artistic and emotional expression that comics and visual narratives allow. Art editor of The New Yorker since 1993, Mouly is editorial director and publisher of TOON Books, as well as co-founder, co-editor, and publisher of the comics and graphic magazine Raw with her husband, cartoonist Art Spiegelman. In recent years, TOON Books has spurred a revival of interest in children’s comics, both vintage and contemporary. Mouly will sit down with her colleague, illustrator Frank Viva, a New Yorker cover artist and the author of many illustrated books for children, including Sea Change (2016)
Register online at mcny.org/programs | Use code TOON for $10.00 tickets!
Recent blog posts
- Order your Signed Copy of Eloisa James's Born to be Wilde!
- Kids Books To Celebrate LGBTQ Pride
- Book Culture goes to CLMP's Firecracker Awards!
- Summer Reading 2018: Book Culture on Columbus
- Summer Reading 2018: Book Culture on Broadway
- Summer Reading 2018: Book Culture LIC
- Summer Reading 2018: Book Culture 112
- Sara's Review of The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy
- Spring Titles from Book Culture Selects
- Author Q&A with Kate Colby