Q&A with Lesley Ware, author of "My Fab Fashion Style File"
Can't wait for NYFW? Make sure to come to our event with Lesley Ware, author of My Fab Fashion Style File, on September 9th at 4:30 at Book Culture on Columbus. Until then, check out our Q&A with the author
1. How did you come to write My Fab Fashion Style File?
My Fab Fashion Style File was conceived as I was midway through submitting the manuscript for my 1st book, Sew Fab: Sewing and Style For Young Fashionistas. My editor commented 'I think you have two books here would you mind saving some of this content for a 2nd book?' Of course I said 'YESSSSS!'.
2. What are you currently reading?
I'm reading a super thick book about the life of Oscar Wilde and a novel written in the 1950s called A Charmed Life, by Mary McCarthy, about a group of Bohemian artists in love.
3. Do you have a personal favorite book of all time? If so, can you share it and tell us why?
I have a handful of favorites in particular Laurence King's My Wonderful World of Fashion by Nina Chakrabarti. I clearly remember buying it 5 years ago and holding it in my hands thinking 'if I ever write a book I want LKP to be my publisher'. I still can't believe that actually happened!
4. Is there anything you are particularly looking forward to the publication of?
My husband, Kamau Ware, has been creating a historic graphic novel called The Other Side of Wall Street for almost 2 years. I'll be excited, and proud, when it's off the press and in our hands.
5. What’s next? Any upcoming book projects in the works that you can tell us about?
I wrote my 3rd fashion-filled book which is currently untitled. There's no plan in the works to publish so I'm just refining and tweaking until the time is right.
Lesley Ware is an educator, style blogger, and designer living in Brooklyn, New York. She runs popular sewing and crafting workshops for girls and in 2008, she started a blog, thecreativecookie.com, which quickly became a destination for a behind-the-scenes look at fashion in New York City. She is the author of Sew Fab.
Make sure to come to Book Culture on Columbus on Friday, September 9th at 4:30pm for a special event with Lesley Ware!
Recent blog posts
- German Story Time at Broadway is Back!
- Pre-order a signed copy of S. A. Chakraborty's new book, "The Kingdom of Copper"
- Changing, Adjusting, Expanding: Conversation On The Art Of Translation With Author & Translator Kate Briggs
- Q&A with translator Ellen Cassedy
- #WiTM Spotlight with Lynne Sharon Schwartz
- Perfect Books for Your Brewery Crawl!
- August is Women in Translation Month!
- Author Q&A with Michiko Kakutani
- Order your Signed Copy of Eloisa James's Born to be Wilde!
- Kids Books To Celebrate LGBTQ Pride