The New Penguin Orange Giveaway
Starting Tuesday, October 18th, 2016, all three Book Culture locations will be participating in a wonderful celebration of the new Penguin Orange Collection!
For the seventieth anniversary of Penguin Classics, the Penguin Orange Collection celebrates the heritage of Penguin’s iconic book design with twelve influential American literary classics representing the breadth and diversity of the Penguin Classics library. This is a limited-run series of twelve influential and beloved American classics in a bold series design offering a modern take on the iconic Penguin paperback.
These collectible editions are dressed in the iconic orange and white tri-band cover design, first created in 1935, while french flaps, high-quality paper, and striking cover illustrations provide the cutting-edge design treatment that is the signature of Penguin Classics Deluxe Editions today.
We are also running a promotion across our locations. If you buy three books from the series, you can choose from a selection of special edition free totebags and mugs (while supplies last).
This series features authors from across Penguin's catalog: Solomon Northup, John Steinbeck, H. P. Lovecraft, Amy Tan, David Foster Wallace, Don Delillo, Peter Matthiessen, Leslie Marmon Silko, Jack Keroac, Arthur Miller, Shirley Jackson, and Ken Kesey.
Recent blog posts
- Q&A with Rachel Vail
- Sara's Review of The House of Impossible Beauties
- Anti-Beach Reads
- Sara's Review of With the Fire on High
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture Long Island City
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture on Broadway
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture on Columbus
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture 112
- Q&A with Abbigail N. Rosewood, author of If I Had Two Lives
- Author Q & A with James Lasdun