Q&A Sara Jane Stone, author of the "Second Shot" series
Can't wait for our Avon Books 75th Anniversary Event? Check out our Q&A with author Sara Jane Stone who will be at the event on Friday, October 28th at 7pm!
1) How did you come to write the Second Shot Series?
After I completed the Independence Falls series, I wanted to write another group of stories set in Oregon's Timber country. I love writing military romance and though it would be interesting to write a collection of stories that offer a before and after look at a group of friends who join the military.
2) What are you currently reading?
I recently listened to First Start I See Tonight by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I loved every minute of it! I'm a huge fan of the Chicago Stars series and I enjoyed spending time with some of my favorite characters. And the heroine, Piper was so much fun!!
3) Is there anything you are particularly looking forward to the publication of?
I have a long, long list of favorite authors. There is always another great release or new series on the horizon:)
4) What’s next? Any upcoming book projects in the works that you can tell us about?
I recently started a new series that I hope to publish in 2017. While I love military romance, this new set of stories feature billionaire heroes and modern, fairy-tale heroines. I'm still in the early stages, but I'm having so much fun developing the characters. I've quizzed some of my younger sister's friends for their take on modern dating in the age of Tinder and other dating apps. If you'd like to know more, please visit my website www.sarajanestone.com and sign up for my newsletter!
After several years on the other side of the publishing industry, Sara Jane Stone bid goodbye to her sales career to pursue her dream—writing romance novels. Armed with a firm belief that dreams do come true, Sara Jane sat down at her keyboard to write fun, sexy stories like the ones she loved to read. Sara Jane currently resides in Brooklyn, New York with her very supportive real-life hero, two lively young children, and a lazy Burmese cat.
Recent blog posts
- German Story Time at Broadway is Back!
- Pre-order a signed copy of S. A. Chakraborty's new book, "The Kingdom of Copper"
- Changing, Adjusting, Expanding: Conversation On The Art Of Translation With Author & Translator Kate Briggs
- Q&A with translator Ellen Cassedy
- #WiTM Spotlight with Lynne Sharon Schwartz
- Perfect Books for Your Brewery Crawl!
- August is Women in Translation Month!
- Author Q&A with Michiko Kakutani
- Order your Signed Copy of Eloisa James's Born to be Wilde!
- Kids Books To Celebrate LGBTQ Pride