Book Culture on Columbus shows off Debut Novels
With acclaimed novelists like Toni Morrison or Gabriel Garcia Marquez, it's nice to go back to their first works and find where they started off. Book Culture on Columbus just put up a display that lets you do just that! They feature excellent debut novels that began some of our favorite authors' careers. The display is pictured here, but be sure to stop into the store to get a closer look - and read some great novels! Here's the full list of books on their display:
Pond - Claire-Louise Bennett
The Guineveres - Sarah Domet
The Last Samurai - Helen DeWitt
Tell the Wolves I'm Home - Carol Rifka Brunt
Oreo - Fran Ross
Love Medicine - Louise Erdrich
Housekeeping - Marilynne Robinson
The Bear and the Nightingale - Katherine Arden
Edinburgh - Alexander Chee
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Ghostwritten - David Mitchell
The Hate U Give - Angie Thomas
Einstein's Dreams - Alan Lightman
The Nix - Nathan Hill
The Bluest Eye - Toni Morrison
The Sympathizer - Viet Thanh Nguyen
This book display coincides with The Center for Fiction's announcement of their First Novel Prize Long List. Read some of these great authors before they publish their second novel!
All That's Left to Tell - Daniel Lowe
The Lucky Ones - Julianne Pachico
Marlena - Julie Buntin
Rabbit Cake - Annie Hartnett
The Second Mrs. Hockaday - Susan Rivers
Spoils - Brian Van Reet
Temporary People - Deepak Unnikrishnan (signed copies available!)
Time's a Thief - B.G. Firmani
Lincoln in the Bardo - George Saunders
What to Do About the Solomons - Bethany Ball
Recent blog posts
- University Press Week 2018
- Q&A with author Diana Senechal
- The Baillie Gifford Prize for Non-Fiction 2018 Shortlist
- German Story Time at Broadway is Back!
- Pre-order a signed copy of S. A. Chakraborty's new book, "The Kingdom of Copper"
- Changing, Adjusting, Expanding: Conversation On The Art Of Translation With Author & Translator Kate Briggs
- Q&A with translator Ellen Cassedy
- #WiTM Spotlight with Lynne Sharon Schwartz
- Perfect Books for Your Brewery Crawl!
- August is Women in Translation Month!