Book Culture on Columbus's Women in Translation Month Display!
August is Women in Translation Month! We've celebrated with a cocktail hour and an author Q&A as well as other events, and Book Culture on Columbus joins in the celebration with a display, featuring some of their favorite books by women writing in a language other than English. See the list of books below, but also be sure to stop in the store to see the display for yourself!
Not One Day - Anne Garreta
A Breath of Life - Clarice Lispector
The Naked Eye - Yoko Tawada
The Story of My Teeth - Valeria Luiselli
The Man Who Snapped His Fingers - Fariba Hachtroudi
The First Wife - Paulina Chiziane
An Egyptian Novel - Orly Castel-Bloom
The Vegetarian - Han Kang
The Elegance of the Hedgehog - Muriel Barbery
Kristin Lavransdatter - Sigrid Undset
Adua - Igiaba Scego
My Heart Hemmed In - Marie Ndiaye
Knots - Gunnhild Oyehaug
The Fox Was Ever the Hunter - Herta Muller
Of Darkness - Josephine Klougart
The Nakano Thrift Shop - Hiromi Kawakami
Moshi Moshi - Banana Yoshimoto
The End of Days - Jenny Erpenbeck
Before - Carmen Boullosa
Frontier - Can Xue
The Summer Book - Tove Jansson
Inheritance from Mother - Minae Mizumura
The Heart - Maylis De Kerangal
Iza's Ballad - Magda Szabo
A Family Lexicon - Natalia Ginzburg
The Attempt - Magdalena Platzova
The Gardens of Consolation - Parisa Reza
A Spare Life - Lidija Dimkovska
Seeing People Off - Jana Beňová
Recent blog posts
- University Press Week 2018
- Q&A with author Diana Senechal
- The Baillie Gifford Prize for Non-Fiction 2018 Shortlist
- German Story Time at Broadway is Back!
- Pre-order a signed copy of S. A. Chakraborty's new book, "The Kingdom of Copper"
- Changing, Adjusting, Expanding: Conversation On The Art Of Translation With Author & Translator Kate Briggs
- Q&A with translator Ellen Cassedy
- #WiTM Spotlight with Lynne Sharon Schwartz
- Perfect Books for Your Brewery Crawl!
- August is Women in Translation Month!