Book Culture LIC Staff Profile: Calla!
Calla Leftwich - Manager
I am a recent manager at Book Culture and cannot wait to get settled in the new store and find where my best fit will be.
Shortly after moving to New York, I was walking down Broadway and stopped in the Book Culture on 114th, asked if they were hiring, and here I am.
Acquiring more books, seriously I am great at finding more books to read then time allows. I often alternate my books between non-fiction (partial to history) and fiction (more new fiction since working in a bookstore), though every once in a while a good mystery is essential.
I’m extremely excited to be a part of bringing a bookstore into the LIC area. I was thrilled to encounter Book Culture on 114th and 112th when I moved here and cannot wait to spread the joy of having such a great bookstore in another neighborhood.
For more updates on Book Culture LIC, click here to subscribe to our mailing list!
Recent blog posts
- Puzzles and Games for the Little Ones
- Bored? Why not play a board game!
- Birds of a Feather
- #StayHomeStaySafeReads: YA & Middle Grade
- #StayHomeStaySafeReads: Jordyn Taylor
- #StayHomeStaySafeReads: Gigi Berardi on Harper Lee
- Pulitzer Prize Winners
- #StayHomeStaySafeReads: Books People Are Buying
- #StayHomeStaySafeReads: John Glynn