Book Culture LIC Staff Profile: Calla!
Calla Leftwich - Manager
I am a recent manager at Book Culture and cannot wait to get settled in the new store and find where my best fit will be.
Shortly after moving to New York, I was walking down Broadway and stopped in the Book Culture on 114th, asked if they were hiring, and here I am.
Acquiring more books, seriously I am great at finding more books to read then time allows. I often alternate my books between non-fiction (partial to history) and fiction (more new fiction since working in a bookstore), though every once in a while a good mystery is essential.
I’m extremely excited to be a part of bringing a bookstore into the LIC area. I was thrilled to encounter Book Culture on 114th and 112th when I moved here and cannot wait to spread the joy of having such a great bookstore in another neighborhood.
For more updates on Book Culture LIC, click here to subscribe to our mailing list!
Recent blog posts
- Q&A with Rachel Vail
- Sara's Review of The House of Impossible Beauties
- Anti-Beach Reads
- Sara's Review of With the Fire on High
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture Long Island City
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture on Broadway
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture on Columbus
- Summer Reading 2019: Book Culture 112
- Q&A with Abbigail N. Rosewood, author of If I Had Two Lives
- Author Q & A with James Lasdun