Book Culture LIC Staff Profile: Calla!
Calla Leftwich - Manager
I am a recent manager at Book Culture and cannot wait to get settled in the new store and find where my best fit will be.
Shortly after moving to New York, I was walking down Broadway and stopped in the Book Culture on 114th, asked if they were hiring, and here I am.
Acquiring more books, seriously I am great at finding more books to read then time allows. I often alternate my books between non-fiction (partial to history) and fiction (more new fiction since working in a bookstore), though every once in a while a good mystery is essential.
I’m extremely excited to be a part of bringing a bookstore into the LIC area. I was thrilled to encounter Book Culture on 114th and 112th when I moved here and cannot wait to spread the joy of having such a great bookstore in another neighborhood.
For more updates on Book Culture LIC, click here to subscribe to our mailing list!
Recent blog posts
- Best 18 of 2018: Book Culture on Columbus
- Preorder Lisa Gornick's THE PEACOCK FEAST
- Best 18 of 2018: Book Culture on Broadway
- Best 18 of 2018: Book Culture LIC
- Best 18 of 2018: Book Culture 112th
- Columbia University Press Party
- National Book Awards 2018
- University Press Week 2018
- Q&A with author Diana Senechal
- The Baillie Gifford Prize for Non-Fiction 2018 Shortlist