Book Culture LIC Staff Profile: Calla!
Calla Leftwich - Manager
I am a recent manager at Book Culture and cannot wait to get settled in the new store and find where my best fit will be.
Shortly after moving to New York, I was walking down Broadway and stopped in the Book Culture on 114th, asked if they were hiring, and here I am.
Acquiring more books, seriously I am great at finding more books to read then time allows. I often alternate my books between non-fiction (partial to history) and fiction (more new fiction since working in a bookstore), though every once in a while a good mystery is essential.
I’m extremely excited to be a part of bringing a bookstore into the LIC area. I was thrilled to encounter Book Culture on 114th and 112th when I moved here and cannot wait to spread the joy of having such a great bookstore in another neighborhood.
For more updates on Book Culture LIC, click here to subscribe to our mailing list!
Recent blog posts
- The Baillie Gifford Prize for Non-Fiction 2018 Shortlist
- German Story Time at Broadway is Back!
- Pre-order a signed copy of S. A. Chakraborty's new book, "The Kingdom of Copper"
- Changing, Adjusting, Expanding: Conversation On The Art Of Translation With Author & Translator Kate Briggs
- Q&A with translator Ellen Cassedy
- #WiTM Spotlight with Lynne Sharon Schwartz
- Perfect Books for Your Brewery Crawl!
- August is Women in Translation Month!
- Author Q&A with Michiko Kakutani
- Order your Signed Copy of Eloisa James's Born to be Wilde!