Book Culture LIC Staff Profiles: Matt!
We're getting ready to move into our new location in Long Island City, and to prepare for our new space, we've got another staff profile. This time, featuring Matt! Get to know him below:
Matt Chicorel - Manager
Bio: Moved here from Milwaukee in 2013. Still a loyal Cheesehead. I've worked in comic shops and bookstores in the past, and they've always been a pretty good fit. Outside of Book Culture, I draw weird cartoony stuff for fun/money, and play in my band.
1) What is your role as a manager for Book Culture?
I'm here to make sure the store looks awesome, is stocked with awesome stuff and that customers have an awesome time.
2) How did you come to join the Book Culture family?
Change of pace from previous work in the city. Glad to be on board with a good crew of book-lovers.
3) What are your areas of expertise?
Horror, comics, Packers, Uhaul trucks. When it comes to books though, I'm all over the place. All depends on what I'm in the mood for.
4) What are you currently reading?
5) What are you looking forward to most at Book Culture LIC?
Looking forward to building the store from the ground up. Want to start out with a high standard of quality, performance and fun... and keep it that way.
For more updates on Book Culture LIC, click here to subscribe to our mailing list!
Recent blog posts
- Author Q&A with Mary Mackey
- Author Q&A with Sandy McIntosh
- Professor Andrew Delbanco on NPR
- Q&A with Pierre Jarawan
- Pre-order a signed copy of THE TIGER AT MIDNIGHT by Swati Teerdhala
- Q&A with Allie Rowbottom
- Q&A with Sean Mallen
- Best 18 of 2018: Book Culture on Columbus
- Preorder Lisa Gornick's THE PEACOCK FEAST
- Best 18 of 2018: Book Culture on Broadway