Winter with Book Culture Selects
Even though it seemed for a while like it might not happen, winter has finally come. And with it, a wonderful excuse to stay in and read! There's nothing quite like snuggling up with a good blanket and an even better book. If you need something new to hibernate with, look no further.
New and Noteworthy Fiction hardcover: The King is Always Above the People by Daniel Alarcon
New and Noteworthy Fiction paperback: Autumn by Ali Smith
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction hardcover: The River of Consciousness by Oliver Sacks
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction paperback: Super Sushi Ramen Express by Michael Booth
Literature in Translation: Suzanne by Anais Barbeau-Lavalette
Around the World: Swallowing Mercury by Wioletta Greg
Life Stories: Bunny Mellon by Meryl Gordon
Poetry: Heaven is All Goodbyes by Tongo Eisen-Martin
Forever Young Adult: All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater
Picture Books: The Wolf, the Duck, and the Mouse by Mac Barnett
New and Noteworthy Fiction hardcover: Lea by Pascal Mercier
New and Noteworthy Fiction paperback: Idaho by Emily Ruskovich
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction hardcover: Spineless by Juli Berwald
New and Noteworthy Non-Fiction paperback: Coyote America by Dan Flores
Literature in Translation: For Two Thousand Years by Mihail Sebastian
Around the World: Tales of the Tikongs by Epeli Hau'ofa
Life Stories: My Soul Looks Back by Jessica B Harris
Poetry: When I Grow Up I Want to Be a List of Further Possibilities by Chen Chen
Forever Young Adult: A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares by Kathryn Sutherland
Picture Books: Franklin's Flying Bookshop by Jen Campbell
You can learn more about Book Culture Selects (including our two brand new programs for 2018!!!!) on the main Selects page here!
Recent blog posts
- National Book Awards 2018
- University Press Week 2018
- Q&A with author Diana Senechal
- The Baillie Gifford Prize for Non-Fiction 2018 Shortlist
- German Story Time at Broadway is Back!
- Pre-order a signed copy of S. A. Chakraborty's new book, "The Kingdom of Copper"
- Changing, Adjusting, Expanding: Conversation On The Art Of Translation With Author & Translator Kate Briggs
- Q&A with translator Ellen Cassedy
- #WiTM Spotlight with Lynne Sharon Schwartz
- Perfect Books for Your Brewery Crawl!