Book Culture Selects: Cara's July picks
Cara's picks are especially photogenic and make for a great Insta post. Here's what she had to say about them:
"Some of my favorite short story collections centralize bodies to explore the visceral reality of being a woman in today's world. The list includes Margaret Atwood's Dancing Girls, Carmen Maria Machado's Her Body and Other Parties, Guadalupe Nettel's Natural Histories, and now Maria Ospina's Variations on the Body. Ospina's vibrating collection uses the lens of the female body to probe the multiplicity of situations experienced by women in contemporary Colombia's stratified society. It's a worthy addition to the genre!"
"This exciting anthology chronicles true crime episodes across disparate times and places. It's like sitting on the edge of your seat in the movie theater, only you don't have to leave your bed and you can always pause the show for popcorn refills."
Recent blog posts
- Women in Translation Month
- Our Most Anticipated Books of August 2021
- Book Culture Selects: Cara's July picks
- Our Most Anticipated Books of July 2021
- Kids Summer Reading List (Ages 11 to 14)
- Kids Summer Reading List (Ages 8 to 12)
- Kids Summer Reading List (Ages 6 to 9)
- Author Q&A: Geoffrey Hilsabeck on AMERICAN VAUDEVILLE
- Happy Birthday New Directions!
- Summer Reading 2021: Book Culture on Broadway