Book Culture Selects: Josh's August 2021 picks
August is full of very Earthly/ Nature-y books (Josh's favorite thing)! Here's what he sent and what he thought about his Selects!
"This is truly a novel like none other that I've read-- often a little unsettling... but also a little funny? I was fascinated by the use of intersexuality in an almost cultish utopia which made me just have to pick it up. Winner of the Prix du Livre Inter, shortlisted for the Prix Medicis, and now freshly translated into English, Arcadia is going to amaze you."
"I'm really not a big nonfiction reader, but this one felt different. Personally, I'm very into nonfiction about Botany (in fact, my suggested further reading is Michael Pollan's latest book This is Your Mind on Plants) and this book had enough to keep me turning the page. Spanning bewteen the biology of a coffee plant to the capitalist foundations of the bean and how it became indepensible to billions of people a day, Coffeeland is just incredibly enlightneing (and also infuriating)."
Recent blog posts
- Our Most Anticipated Books of February 2022
- Author Interview with Katie Worth
- January 2022 Book Culture Selects from Peper!
- Our Most Anticipated Books of January 2022
- Author Interview with Kirthana Ramisetti
- November 2021 Book Culture Selects from Cody!
- ICYMI: Non-Fiction Edition
- ICYMI: Paperback Releases of 2021
- ICYMI: New Fiction Favorites from 2021
- Our Most Anticipated Books of November 2021