It's finally here, our favorite time of the year: summer reading season! There's just something about the warm weather that gets us excited to get lost in a good book, whether it's a classic that we're revisiting (or finally getting to!) or that new book we've been hearing so much about. Here, then, are some of the books we're looking forward to reading this summer.
It's National Poetry Month! To celebrate, we have a wide range of programming and other happenings to celebrate some of our favorite poetry. We sat down with poet and essayist Kate Colby for an author Q&A. Read the conversation below!
My Preservation Journal is an interactive study guide that will engage any reader in an ongoing dialogue concerning their built environment, while developing strong visual and critical thinking skills. The Journal has been recently updated to highlight civic engagement and expand upon architecture’s intersection with social and economic developments. Included is additional material on public transportation, housing types, sensitive new design and construction, as well as preservation and environmental issues.
Recent blog posts
- Our Most Anticipated Books of August 2021
- Book Culture Selects: Cara's July picks
- Our Most Anticipated Books of July 2021
- Kids Summer Reading List (Ages 11 to 14)
- Kids Summer Reading List (Ages 8 to 12)
- Kids Summer Reading List (Ages 6 to 9)
- Author Q&A: Geoffrey Hilsabeck on AMERICAN VAUDEVILLE
- Happy Birthday New Directions!
- Summer Reading 2021: Book Culture on Broadway
- Book Culture Selects June picks!