Here at Book Culture, we're excited to observe Women's History Month by celebrating some of our favorite female authors. As part of that celebration, we're holding a contest at our location on 112th St: identify as many of the authors on the poster as you can and you could win a $50 gift card! We'll be running the contest all month, so come on over and submit your entry--and while you're here, tell us about some of your favorite women writers!
Book Culture 112
It's finally here, our favorite time of the year: summer reading season! There's just something about the warm weather that gets us excited to get lost in a good book, whether it's a classic that we're revisiting (or finally getting to!) or that new book we've been hearing so much about. Here, then, are some of the books we're looking forward to reading this summer.
2016 is coming to an end, and to celebrate we're taking a look back at our bestsellers of the year! Each of the following sixteen books was released, in either paperback or hardcover, within the past year. Make sure to check out the lists from Book Culture on Broadway and Book Culture on Columbus, too!
It's Memorial Day, which means we've finally reached the (unofficial) start of summer! Summer is vacations at the beach, strolls around the park, drinks on the patio, and, best of all, summer reading! Back in the day summer was the season to finally read whatever we wanted, without the constraints of school work; most of us are no longer operating according to a school calendar, but summer still feels like a special time to be reading. To celebrate the advent of this glorious time of year, we've decided to share what's on our summer reading lists.
Recent blog posts
- University Press Week 2018
- Q&A with author Diana Senechal
- The Baillie Gifford Prize for Non-Fiction 2018 Shortlist
- German Story Time at Broadway is Back!
- Pre-order a signed copy of S. A. Chakraborty's new book, "The Kingdom of Copper"
- Changing, Adjusting, Expanding: Conversation On The Art Of Translation With Author & Translator Kate Briggs
- Q&A with translator Ellen Cassedy
- #WiTM Spotlight with Lynne Sharon Schwartz
- Perfect Books for Your Brewery Crawl!
- August is Women in Translation Month!