Fall is here, and with it we say hello to brisk mornings, cozy sweaters, and reading new and old favorite books in our favorite coffee shops (ours is the Hungarian Pastry Shop). Here’s what our booksellers are reading and recommending this fall.
Are you ready for spring?
As we approach the 100th day of Donald Trump's presidency, these reading lists unfortunately remain as relevant as ever. We've seen Trump's attempts to implement his campaign promises to build a wall along the border with Mexico and ban Muslims from the country, which has us, as booksellers, thinking about books which push back against his ethno-nationalist view for the country. Here, then, is a short list of books which celebrate the full diversity of this country.
As inauguration day approaches, we here at Book Culture are thinking about the work that lies ahead of us. How can we fight back against a Trump administration? Here are some books to get us started.
This post is the second in a series of posts responding to Trump's election. Read the first post, "Understanding What Happened," here.
Recent blog posts
- April Book Culture Selects
- Order a Signed Copy of THE RESISTANCE NETWORK
- Our Most Anticipated Books of April 2021
- Signed Copies of Good Apple by Elizabeth Passarella
- Signed Copies of the new Jew-ish cookbook
- Q&A with Author and Translator Alexander Elinson
- Starting Over in Sunset Park
- Our Most Anticipated Books of March 2021
- SIGNED PREORDER: Wilde Child by Eloisa James
- Our Most Anticipated Books of February 2021