The nominations database for the Nobel prize in literature is only available publicly for records more than 50 years old. From 1901 to 1964, these authors were nominated (some many times!) but were never awarded the Nobel prize.
Here at Book Culture, we're excited to observe Women's History Month by celebrating some of our favorite female authors. As part of that celebration, we're holding a contest at our location on 112th St: identify as many of the authors on the poster as you can and you could win a $50 gift card! We'll be running the contest all month, so come on over and submit your entry--and while you're here, tell us about some of your favorite women writers!
Recent blog posts
- German Story Time at Broadway is Back!
- Pre-order a signed copy of S. A. Chakraborty's new book, "The Kingdom of Copper"
- Changing, Adjusting, Expanding: Conversation On The Art Of Translation With Author & Translator Kate Briggs
- Q&A with translator Ellen Cassedy
- #WiTM Spotlight with Lynne Sharon Schwartz
- Perfect Books for Your Brewery Crawl!
- August is Women in Translation Month!
- Author Q&A with Michiko Kakutani
- Order your Signed Copy of Eloisa James's Born to be Wilde!
- Kids Books To Celebrate LGBTQ Pride