The nominations database for the Nobel prize in literature is only available publicly for records more than 50 years old. From 1901 to 1964, these authors were nominated (some many times!) but were never awarded the Nobel prize.
Here at Book Culture, we're excited to observe Women's History Month by celebrating some of our favorite female authors. As part of that celebration, we're holding a contest at our location on 112th St: identify as many of the authors on the poster as you can and you could win a $50 gift card! We'll be running the contest all month, so come on over and submit your entry--and while you're here, tell us about some of your favorite women writers!
Recent blog posts
- Gatsby Officially Out of Copyright
- Our Most Anticipated Books of January 2021
- Roxane Gay's "Audacious Book Club"
- Q&A with Dewaine Farria
- Fall novel vibes
- Preorder a signed copy of André Aciman's new collection of essays
- 2020 Winner for the Booker Prize
- 2020 National Book Award Winners
- ICYMI: Non-Fiction Edition
- University Press Week: Duke University Press