New Release Spotlight
Muriel Barbery's newest book, The Life of Elves, will be released in English on February 9th. After her enormous success with the beautifully written The Elegance of the Hedgehog, we're all eagerly awaiting her new novel as well as her visit to Book Culture for a reading and Q&A on February 10th! Check out her (spectacular) work below and be sure to catch her in February while she's still in the States!
day week month year, huh?
Here are some of our favorite fiction titles that came out in 2020, which you may have missed because... uh... *gestures broadly at the world*.
Twenty of our favorites from 2020 that might have passed you by.
Featuring titles on history, music, and science, as well as essays and memoirs.
Blockbusters and best sellers now* in paperback!
*Sometime in the last.. uh... year? Ish? (What day is it?)
Last Friday, I had the chance to meet with writer Sasha Matthews at our 112th store for an exclusive interview on her debut comic book Sitting Bull: A Life Story. Sasha Matthews is ten years old, attends fifth grade at a public school on the Upper West Side in Manhattan, and loves reading and writing comic books. We talked for over a half-hour about how she came to write Sitting Bull, what it is about comic books that inspires her, her influences, and most of all, what she finds surprising and challenging about the comic-book writing process.
Recent blog posts
- Our Most Anticipated Books of August 2021
- Book Culture Selects: Cara's July picks
- Our Most Anticipated Books of July 2021
- Kids Summer Reading List (Ages 11 to 14)
- Kids Summer Reading List (Ages 8 to 12)
- Kids Summer Reading List (Ages 6 to 9)
- Author Q&A: Geoffrey Hilsabeck on AMERICAN VAUDEVILLE
- Happy Birthday New Directions!
- Summer Reading 2021: Book Culture on Broadway
- Book Culture Selects June picks!