AmpLit Fest is a free, daylong festival that brings authors of all backgrounds, styles, and levels of recognition to center stage. With readings, workshops, panels, and a community market, AmpLit Fest makes one of life’s most solitary acts — writing — a public celebration.
The Columbia Center for Contemporary Critical Thought and The Society of Fellows in the Humanities at Columbia University present Michel Foucault’s Collège de France Lectures (1970-1984): 13 Years at the Collège, 13 Seminars at Columbia. Get the books here and see the full schedule below!
Whether it's the bleary winter weather or a sudden craving for the bizarre and fantastic, the life and stories of Edgar Allen Poe are all the buzz right now. Last week, Marilyn Robinson published an article in the New York Review of Books on the life and career of Poe, who she aptly writes, "was and is a turbulence" in American literary history, and this week we are excited to announce a special offer for the Off Broadway play, Nevermore: The Imaginary Life and Mysterious Death of Edgar Allen Poe. With a special code given below, you can get tickets at a reduced price and see a performance that will bring you face to face with the eccentric American writer.
Molly Guptill Manning is talking at New York Public Library's Mid-Manhattan branch on Monday, March 14 at 6:30pm on her book, When Books Went to War: The Stories that Helped Us Win World War II. We got in touch with her ahead of time and she was generous enough to answer a few of our questions. Check out her answers below!
Led by Managing Editor Alexandra Watson and Editor-At-Large Melody Nixon
Saturday, 2/28/2015, 12–4 p.m. at the Hudson Valley Writers Center!
Recent blog posts
- Kids Halloween Picks 2020
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Literature
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Fiction
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Nonfiction
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Translated Literature
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Poetry
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Young People’s Literature
- Preorder the new edition of Marie Myung-Ok Lee's FINDING MY VOICE
- Our Most Anticipated Books of October 2020
- Women in Translation Month 2020 #WITMonth