Allegiance, the historical fiction novel by Kermit Roosevelt, is a sophisticated legal thriller that plunges readers into the debate within the US government surrounding the imprisonment of thousands of innocent Americans during World War II. Roosevelt sat down with us to answer a few questions about his book, and parallels between his book and some of the rhetoric being spouted during this presidential race. Click through for the fascinating responses!
Q & A
On Friday, November 10th at 7pm, Columbia's Art + Life reading series features Jenny Zhang, in conversation with Kate Zambreno. Jenny Zhang is an American writer and poet based in Brooklyn, New York. She is the author of the story collection Sour Heart, the poetry collection Dear Jenny, We Are All Find and a collection of poetry and essays, The Selected Jenny Zhang. In anticipation of her reading, Jenny answered a few questions. Read what she has to say below!
It's National Poetry Month! To celebrate, we have a wide range of programming and other happenings to celebrate some of our favorite poetry. We sat down with poet and essayist Kate Colby for an author Q&A. Read the conversation below!
Ginny Gilder is an Olympic silver medalist in rowing, the founder and CEO of an investment business, and co-owner of the Seattle Storm. The mother of three children and stepmother of two, Gilder lives with her wife, Lynn, and their poodle in Seattle, Washington.
Book Culture is pleased to host Geoffrey Hilsabeck on Thursday, July 1st at 12pm to launch his new book American Vaudeville. You can register for the event here. Below Hilsabeck talks with Holly Mitchell about his new book.
Recent blog posts
- Marissa's September 2021 Book Culture Selects!
- PREORDER Involuntary Exit by Robin Merle
- Our Most Anticipated Books of September 2021
- Book Culture Selects: Josh's August 2021 picks
- Women in Translation Month
- Our Most Anticipated Books of August 2021
- Book Culture Selects: Cara's July 2021 picks
- Our Most Anticipated Books of July 2021
- Kids Summer Reading List (Ages 11 to 14)
- Kids Summer Reading List (Ages 8 to 12)