Allegiance, the historical fiction novel by Kermit Roosevelt, is a sophisticated legal thriller that plunges readers into the debate within the US government surrounding the imprisonment of thousands of innocent Americans during World War II. Roosevelt sat down with us to answer a few questions about his book, and parallels between his book and some of the rhetoric being spouted during this presidential race. Click through for the fascinating responses!
Q & A
On Friday, November 10th at 7pm, Columbia's Art + Life reading series features Jenny Zhang, in conversation with Kate Zambreno. Jenny Zhang is an American writer and poet based in Brooklyn, New York. She is the author of the story collection Sour Heart, the poetry collection Dear Jenny, We Are All Find and a collection of poetry and essays, The Selected Jenny Zhang. In anticipation of her reading, Jenny answered a few questions. Read what she has to say below!
It's National Poetry Month! To celebrate, we have a wide range of programming and other happenings to celebrate some of our favorite poetry. We sat down with poet and essayist Kate Colby for an author Q&A. Read the conversation below!
Ginny Gilder is an Olympic silver medalist in rowing, the founder and CEO of an investment business, and co-owner of the Seattle Storm. The mother of three children and stepmother of two, Gilder lives with her wife, Lynn, and their poodle in Seattle, Washington.
Book Culture is powered by books, a love of reading, and our booksellers. Get to know the Book Culture on Columbus Children's Book Manager, Anna!
Recent blog posts
- April Book Culture Selects
- Order a Signed Copy of THE RESISTANCE NETWORK
- Our Most Anticipated Books of April 2021
- Signed Copies of Good Apple by Elizabeth Passarella
- Signed Copies of the new Jew-ish cookbook
- Q&A with Author and Translator Alexander Elinson
- Starting Over in Sunset Park
- Our Most Anticipated Books of March 2021
- SIGNED PREORDER: Wilde Child by Eloisa James
- Our Most Anticipated Books of February 2021