Allegiance, the historical fiction novel by Kermit Roosevelt, is a sophisticated legal thriller that plunges readers into the debate within the US government surrounding the imprisonment of thousands of innocent Americans during World War II. Roosevelt sat down with us to answer a few questions about his book, and parallels between his book and some of the rhetoric being spouted during this presidential race. Click through for the fascinating responses!
Q & A
This week we had the great opportunity to chat with author Kirthana Ramisetti about her recent release, Dava Shastri's Last Day, out from Grand Central Publishing. Check out the Q&A below!
On Friday, November 10th at 7pm, Columbia's Art + Life reading series features Jenny Zhang, in conversation with Kate Zambreno. Jenny Zhang is an American writer and poet based in Brooklyn, New York. She is the author of the story collection Sour Heart, the poetry collection Dear Jenny, We Are All Find and a collection of poetry and essays, The Selected Jenny Zhang. In anticipation of her reading, Jenny answered a few questions. Read what she has to say below!
It's National Poetry Month! To celebrate, we have a wide range of programming and other happenings to celebrate some of our favorite poetry. We sat down with poet and essayist Kate Colby for an author Q&A. Read the conversation below!
Ginny Gilder is an Olympic silver medalist in rowing, the founder and CEO of an investment business, and co-owner of the Seattle Storm. The mother of three children and stepmother of two, Gilder lives with her wife, Lynn, and their poodle in Seattle, Washington.
Recent blog posts
- June 2022 Selects from Molly!
- Which Book Culture 112th Bookseller Are You?
- Our Most Anticipated Books for July 2022
- Pride Reads 2022: On our minds
- Pride reads 2022: Classic story tropes, but make them queer
- Translator Q & A with Chip Rossetti
- Our Most Anticipated Books for June 2022
- Devon's May 2022 Book Culture Selects
- Summer Reading 2022: Book Culture 112th
- SIGNED PREORDER: The Reluctant Countess by Eloisa James