Allegiance, the historical fiction novel by Kermit Roosevelt, is a sophisticated legal thriller that plunges readers into the debate within the US government surrounding the imprisonment of thousands of innocent Americans during World War II. Roosevelt sat down with us to answer a few questions about his book, and parallels between his book and some of the rhetoric being spouted during this presidential race. Click through for the fascinating responses!
Q & A
On Friday, November 10th at 7pm, Columbia's Art + Life reading series features Jenny Zhang, in conversation with Kate Zambreno. Jenny Zhang is an American writer and poet based in Brooklyn, New York. She is the author of the story collection Sour Heart, the poetry collection Dear Jenny, We Are All Find and a collection of poetry and essays, The Selected Jenny Zhang. In anticipation of her reading, Jenny answered a few questions. Read what she has to say below!
It's National Poetry Month! To celebrate, we have a wide range of programming and other happenings to celebrate some of our favorite poetry. We sat down with poet and essayist Kate Colby for an author Q&A. Read the conversation below!
Ginny Gilder is an Olympic silver medalist in rowing, the founder and CEO of an investment business, and co-owner of the Seattle Storm. The mother of three children and stepmother of two, Gilder lives with her wife, Lynn, and their poodle in Seattle, Washington.
Book Culture is powered by books, a love of reading, and our booksellers. Get to know the Book Culture on Columbus Children's Book Manager, Anna!
Recent blog posts
- Kids Halloween Picks 2020
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Literature
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Fiction
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Nonfiction
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Translated Literature
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Poetry
- 2020 National Book Awards Longlist for Young People’s Literature
- Preorder the new edition of Marie Myung-Ok Lee's FINDING MY VOICE
- Our Most Anticipated Books of October 2020
- Women in Translation Month 2020 #WITMonth