Other Books in Series
- #6: Paddington Marches on (Paddington Bear #6) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #7: Paddington Takes the Test Lib/E (Paddington Bear #7) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #8: Paddington Goes to Town (Paddington Bear #8) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #9: Paddington Takes the Air Lib/E (Paddington Bear #9) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #10: Paddington on Top Lib/E (Paddington Bear #10) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #1962: Paddington at Large (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
- #2017: Paddington's Finest Hour Lib/E (Paddington Bear #2017) (Compact Disc): Email or call for price
Nearly fifty years ago, a small bear from Darkest Peru set out on an adventure of a lifetime. With nothing but a suitcase, several jars of marmalade, and a label around his neck that read, "Please Look After This Bear," he stowed away on a ship headed for faraway England. When the little bear arrived at London's busy Paddington Station, he was discovered by Mr. and Mrs. Brown. As luck would have it, the Browns were just the sort of people to welcome a lost bear into their family.
Paddington Bear has charmed readers worldwide with his earnest good intentions and humorous misadventures. This reissue of the classic story, with new artwork by original artist R. W. Alley, will surely let a whole new generation of children find a home in their hearts for this lovable lost bear.
About the Author
Michael Bond began chronicling Paddington’s adventures in his first book, A Bear Called Paddington, published in 1958. Fortunately, bears don’t need much encouragement, and Paddington has since filled the pages of twelve further novels, a variety of picture books, and many other projects written for the young at heart.
R. W. Alley has illustrated a number of books featuring Paddington Bear. He lives in Barrington, Rhode Island, with his wife, author Zoë B. Alley.