McGraw-Hill Concise Encyclopedia of Science and Technology, Sixth Edition (McGraw-Hill Concise Encyclopedia of Science & Technology) (Hardcover)
Email or call for price.
Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
A major revision of this classic encyclopedia covering all areas of science and technology, the McGraw-Hill Concise Encyclopedia of Science and Technology, Sixth Edition, is prepared for students, professionals, and general readers seeking concise yet authoritative overviews of topics in all major fields in science and technology.
The McGraw-Hill Concise Encyclopedia of Science and Technology, Sixth Edition, satisfies the needs of readers for an authoritative, comprehensive reference work in a relatively compact format that provides the breadth of coverage of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition.
Written in clear, nonspecialist language understandable to students and general readers, yet with sufficient depth for scientists, educators, and researchers, this definitive resource provides:
- 7100 concise articles covering disciplines of science and technology from acoustics to zoology
- Extensively revised content with new and rewritten articles
- Current and critical advances in fast-developing fields such as biomedical science, chemistry, computing and information technology, cosmology, environmental science, nanotechnology, telecommunications, and physics
- More than 1600 two-color illustrations
- 75 full-color plates
- Hundreds of tables and charts
- 1300 biographical sketches of famous scientists
- Index containing 30,000 entries
- Cross references to related articles
- Appendices including bibliographies and useful data
McGraw-Hill Professional science reference products are supported by MHEST.com, a website offering updates to articles, periodic special features on important scientific topics, multimedia content, and other features enriching the reader's experience. We encourage readers to visit the site often.
Fields Covered Include:
- Earth Science
- Environmental Science
- Forensic Science
- Information Science
- Materials Science
- Medicine and Pathology
- Meteorology and Climate Science
- Theoretical Physics
- Veterinary Medicine
About the Author
The McGraw-Hill Editorial Staff also edits the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology and is one of the most skilled and experienced editorial teams in scientific publishing.