Half Magic: Fiftieth-Anniversary Edition (Tales of Magic #1) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Tales of Magic series.
- #2: Magic by the Lake (Tales of Magic #2) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #3: Knight's Castle (Tales of Magic #3) (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: The Time Garden (Tales of Magic #4) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #5: Magic or Not? (Tales of Magic #5) (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: The Well-Wishers (Tales of Magic #6) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #7: Seven-Day Magic (Tales of Magic #7) (Paperback): $7.99
Jane finds the coin, and becasue she and her sblings are having the worst, most dreadfully boring summer ever, she idly wishes something exciting would happen.
And something does: Her wish is granted.
Or not quite. Only half of her wish comes true.
It turns out the coin grants wishes—but only by half, so that you must wish for twice as much as you want.
Wishing for two times some things is a cinch, but other doubled wishes only cause twice as much trouble. What is half of twice a talking cat? Or to be half-again twice not-here? And how do you double your most heartfelt wish, the one you care about so much it has to be perfect?
About the Author
* "Ingenious make-believe. . . . Satisfying variety, surprise, and laughter. . . . A book children will want to read at one sitting." —Library Journal, starred review