Bob Books - Rhyming Words Box Set | Phonics, Ages 4 and up, Kindergarten, Flashcards (Stage 1: Starting to Read) (Mixed media product)
Created by a teacher, Bob Books have been helping children learn to read for more than forty years! This fun set of easy-to-read stories focuses on rhyming wordsâ€”perfect for beginning readers.
Rhyming makes reading more fun! Each book in this phonics-based box set explores a different rhyming word family. Listening for and identifying rhyming words is an important early reading activity because it trains a child's ear to hear the differences and similarities in how words sound. The repetition of rhyming sounds in these silly stories helps early readers sound out the one-syllable words. This collection is a great companion to Bob Books Beginning Readers and Bob Books First Stories.
Inside the box youâ€™ll find:
- 10 small, hilarious, easy-to-read books: 12 pages each, 15-23 unique words per book, sized perfectly for little hands
- 40 rhyming word puzzle cards to practice with
- A parent guide with tips for helping your child learn to read
Each book includes:
- A new rhyming word family in every book (AN: can, Dan, fan, plan, ran)
- Decodable text: three- and four-letter rhyming words with short vowels that can be sounded out
- Simple sentences (The red sled sped.)
- Limited sight words (a, now, for)
- Friendly, simple illustrations that add fun and do not distract from the words
Guided Reading Levels: C, D, E | Lexile Measure: 30L - 360L | Bob Books Level: Stage 1
Ages: 4-6 | Grade Levels: PreK, Kindergarten
Bob Booksâ€™ phonics-based method aligns with the body of research known as the Science of Reading, which proves that systematic phonics instruction is crucial to childrenâ€™s reading success. With simple phonics, playful stories, and silly illustrations, Bob Books keep young readersâ€™ confidence high, leading to continued success and a love of reading. Your child will soon join the millions of happy kids who say, â€śI read the whole book!â€ťÂ®
About the Author
Lynn Maslen Kertell is the current manager of Bob BooksÂ® and the author of the Bob Books learn-to-read sets More Beginning Readers, Sight Words: Kindergarten, Sight Words: First Grade, Rhyming Words, First Stories, and Animal Stories; and the Bob Books Stories series. You can visit her online and learn more about Bob Books at bobbooks.com.