Wildlife of Ecuador: A Photographic Field Guide to Birds, Mammals, Reptiles, and Amphibians (Wildlife Explorer Guides #15) (Paperback)
Mainland Ecuador's spectacular wildlife makes it a magnet for nature tourists, but until now there hasn't been a go-to, all-in-one guide geared to the general reader. With this handy and accessible guide, visitors now have everything they need to identify and enjoy the majority of birds and animals they are likely to see. Written and illustrated by two of Ecuador's most experienced nature guides and photographers, this book covers more than 350 birds, mammals, amphibians, and reptiles. It features over 400 stunning color photographs and includes a range map for each species, as well as a brief account of the country's natural history and biogeography. With its extensive coverage, attractive and easy-to-use layout, beautiful photographs, and nontechnical text, this is an essential guide for anyone who wants to explore the natural wonders of Ecuador.
- An essential all-in-one guide to mainland Ecuador's amazing wildlife
- Unique and attractive layout with more than 400 stunning color photographs
- Covers more than 350 of the most frequently seen birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians
- Uses a habitat-based approach to aid identification
- Accessible text provides key information on identification, behavior, biology, and conservation
- Photos, maps, and text are presented together for ease of use