A Killing Frost (October Daye #14) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 14 in the October Daye series.
- #1: Rosemary and Rue (October Daye #1) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #2: A Local Habitation (October Daye #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: An Artificial Night (October Daye #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: Late Eclipses (October Daye #4) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: One Salt Sea (October Daye #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: Ashes of Honor (October Daye #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Chimes at Midnight (October Daye #7) (Mass Market): Email or call for price
- #8: The Winter Long (October Daye #8) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #9: A Red-Rose Chain (October Daye #9) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #10: Once Broken Faith (October Daye #10) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #11: The Brightest Fell (October Daye #11) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #12: Night and Silence (October Daye #12) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #13: The Unkindest Tide (October Daye #13) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #15: When Sorrows Come (October Daye #15) (Hardcover): $27.00
Now in hardcover, the fourteenth novel of the Hugo-nominated, New York Times-bestselling Toby Daye urban fantasy series
When October is informed that Simon Torquill—legally her father, due to Faerie's archaic marriage traditions—must be invited to her wedding or risk the ceremony throwing the Kingdom in the Mists into political turmoil, she finds herself setting out on a quest she was not yet prepared to undertake for the sake of her future.... and the man who represents her family's past.
About the Author
Seanan McGuire lives and works in Washington State, where she shares her somewhat idiosyncratic home with her collection of books, creepy dolls, and enormous blue cats. When not writing--which is fairly rare--she enjoys travel, and can regularly be found any place where there are cornfields, haunted houses, or frogs. A Campbell, Hugo, and Nebula Award-winning author, Seanan's first book (Rosemary and Rue, the beginning of the October Daye series) was released in 2009, with more than twenty books across various series following since. Seanan doesn't sleep much.
You can visit her at www.seananmcguire.com.
Praise for the October Daye series:
"The top of my urban-paranormal series list! I am so invested in the worldbuilding and the characters.... The romance is real and awesome, but doesn't overshadow the adventure." —Felicia Day
"The 13th outing for Daye is just as fresh and exciting as the first. McGuire has built a complex world, where seemingly loose ends are woven tightly into the series. Highly recommended." —Library Journal (starred)
"Toby’s combination of pragmatic heroism and relentless self-destruction makes her a compelling heroine in a secret folklore-filled world that still feels fresh and dangerous after all this time." —Publishers Weekly
"The worldbuilding in this series has astonishing depth, and Night and Silence is no exception—12 books in, McGuire is still giving readers fascinating new pieces of the Faerie puzzle." —Booklist
"I can't believe McGuire can come up with another adventure as riveting as this one. But then I say that after every book in this series." —SFRevu
"McGuire has never lacked for courage in her writing.... The phenomenally inventive October Daye series showcases her narrative daring and ingenuity beautifully." —RT Reviews
"Prepare to be dazzled.... Like the best of urban fantasy, with each reveal and mystery solved, Toby's world grows ever more enticing. As seductive as Faerie itself, this is one series I could never give up." —All Things Urban Fantasy
"These books are like watching half a season of your favorite television series all at once.... More than anything else, it's the fun of it all that's kept me returning to McGuire's books and to this series." —SF Signal
"The plot is strong, the characterization is terrific, the tragedies hurt...and McGuire's usual beautiful writing and dark humor are present and accounted for. This has become one of my favorite urban fantasy series." —Fantasy Literature