Up Your Score: SAT, 2018-2019 Edition: The Underground Guide to Outsmarting "The Test" (Paperback)
This title is not currently in stock and may be unavailable for us to order. To find out, click on the Ask A Bookseller button.
Thoroughly revised for the revamped SAT, Up Your Score: SAT is the only test-prep guide written for students by students—all of whom achieved perfect or near-perfect scores and went on to the colleges of their choice. A complement and reality check to the mainstream SAT study guides, it’s the book that kids recommend to one another, because it’s as entertaining as it is effective, showing students how to:
• Think like the SAT
• Ramp up their “mental math” powers
• Remember the 12 most important grammar rules
• Hone speed and timing
• Understand key vocabulary words in context
• Be a better guesser (and why it’s always better to guess)
• Vanquish anxiety and improve concentration
• Best fill in the answer circles, saving nearly six minutes
• Unwind with SAT Yoga
About the Author
Larry Berger is a Yale graduate and Rhodes Scholar and the CEO of Amplify Learning.
Michael Colton, a Harvard graduate, writes for film and television.
Manek Mistry received his undergraduate and law degrees from Cornell.
Paul Rossi is a Cornell graduate and teaches high school math and philosophy.
Guest editor Samantha Bindner has a perfect SAT score and is a freshman at Vanderbilt.