You Can Do a Graphic Novel: Comic Books, Webcomics, and Strips (Paperback)
Putting together words and pictures produces a compelling medium for story telling. Whether it's a comic book, strip, or graphic novel, veteran cartoonist Barbara Slate guides you through the process.
Barbara shares the insight and skills she learned creating characters for Marvel and DC Comics and perfected over the hundreds of comics, strips, webcomics and graphic novels that defined her successful career. She shows you how to:
- Find your own artistic style.
- Create characters that get people's attention...and hold it
- Develop a great plotline and write believable dialogue.
- Lay out your pages to keep the story moving forward.
- Keep those creative juices flowing with her top creative tips
- Break into the Biz
And there's advice from 20 Pros in the field