The Mixing Engineer's Handbook 4th Edition (Paperback)
This title is not currently in stock and may be unavailable for us to order. To find out, click on the Ask A Bookseller button.
Mixing music--the process of combining and shaping the component parts of a song into a polished, completed recording--was once considered an unteachable art. The first edition of Bobby Owsinski's The Mixing Engineer's Handbook destroyed that myth forever, breaking the craft of mixing down into discrete, understandable steps and showing musicians, audio engineers, and producers exactly how to get great results in the studio. The book has since become the go-to text on mixing for recording programs in colleges and universities around the world. Now available in a completely revised fourth edition, The Mixing Engineer's Handbook remains the best, most up-to-date source for mastering the art and science of creating pro-quality mixes
Among the many topics covered in the book include:
- The six main elements of a mix that every engineer must know
- The secrets of equalization and the "magic frequencies" that make vocals and instruments come to life
- The rules of arrangement and how they impact your mix in a big way
- Advanced techniques expected of today's mixer, like track cleanup, adjusting track timing, pitch correction, sound replacement, and automation tricks
- Tips and tricks for adding effects, sonic layering, calculating delay, and much more
The book also features interviews with 25 of the music industry's most successful and celebrated engineers, who share their expertise, insights, and philosophies about mixing the many hits they've worked on. Learn the art of mixing from start to finish, and pick up tips and techniques from the pros, with The Mixing Engineer's Handbook, Fourth Edition.