Child Language: Acquisition and Development (Paperback)
The acquisition of language is a staggering feat, yet one that all typically developing children manage by the time they reach school age. Child Language: Acquisition and Development presents the latest thinking and research on how children acquire or develop their first language, written and developed in a manner that will be stimulating and interesting for a range of undergraduate students.The reader is encouraged to adopt a critical stance throughout and weigh the evidence for themselves. Key features for the student include:
- boxes and exercises to foster an understanding of key concepts in language and linguistics;
- a glossary of key terms; suggestions for further reading;
- a list of useful websites at the end of each chapter;
- discussion points for use in class;
- and separate author and subject indexes.