Fix-It and Forget-It New Cookbook: 250 New Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes! (Paperback)
This title is not currently in stock and is likely unavailable for us to order. For more info, click on Ask A Bookseller.
New York Times bestselling Series. The first Fix-It and Forget-It book in full color! 250 fully tested recipes to make in a slow cooker or Instant Pot.
Fix-It and Forget-It is the series of cookbooks responsible for getting slow cookers out of cupboards and back onto kitchen counters, selling more than 11 million cookbooks since the series launched. Now, after years of developing and testing hundreds of recipes, Fix-It and Forget-It is in full color, by New York Times bestselling author, Phyllis Good.
Fix-It and Forget-It NEW Cookbook, with full-color photography throughout, offers 250 new and fully tested recipes to make in a slow cooker, including:
- Slow Cooker Pizza, Barbecued Turkey Cutlets, Balsamic-Glazed Pork Ribs, Ginger Pot Roast, Pasta Vanessa, and Chiles Rellenos (among the Main Dishes).
- Sweet Potato Pudding with Cardamom, Eggplant Creole, Rosemary Carrots, and Party Walnut Broccoli (among the Vegetables).
- Cranberry Almond Bread, Festive Strawberry Loaf, Mexican-Style Cornbread, and Whole Wheat Oatmeal Bread (among the Breads).
- Creamy Tomato Basil Soup, Corn and Shrimp Chowder, Curried Chicken Chowder, and Turkey Pumpkin Black-Bean Chili (among the Soups).
- Omelet Camping Casserole, Creamy French Toast with Peaches, and Baked Oatmeal (among the Breakfasts and Brunches).
- Salmon-Stuffed Mushrooms, Hot Wings Dip, Hot Buttered Lemonade, and Rosemary Walnuts (among the Appetizers, Snacks, and Beverages).
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake, Mocha Bread Pudding, Slow Cooker Crème Brulee, and Pumpkin Pecan Pie (among the Sweets and Desserts).
- Chicken, Beef, and Vegetable Stocks; Easy Ketchup; Homemade Yogurt; and Homemade Cream of Mushroom Soup (among the Everyday From-Scratch Basics).
Each recipe is easy to follow and requires a minimum of ingredients and equipment. Helpful Tips are included with many of the recipes.
Phyllis Good believes that slow cookers are helpful appliances for both beginner and experienced cooks alike. The recipes in the book that require very little prep time or skills are labeled “Quick and Easy.” (Those recipes even have their own Index!). The unmarked recipes are a little more complex, but they aren’t hard to prepare.
Fix-It and Forget-It NEW Cookbook is a big, full-color, useful cookbook, which, in addition to recipes, offers:
Skyhorse Publishing, along with our Good Books and Arcade imprints, is proud to publish a broad range of cookbooks, including books on juicing, grilling, baking, frying, home brewing and winemaking, slow cookers, and cast iron cooking. We’ve been successful with books on gluten-free cooking, vegetarian and vegan cooking, paleo, raw foods, and more. Our list includes French cooking, Swedish cooking, Austrian and German cooking, Cajun cooking, as well as books on jerky, canning and preserving, peanut butter, meatballs, oil and vinegar, bone broth, and more. While not every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might not otherwise find a home.
About the Author
Phyllis Good is a New York Times bestselling author whose books have sold more than 12 million copies. She is the original author of the Fix-It and Forget-It cookbook series, Lancaster Central Market Cookbook, Favorite Recipes with Herbs, and The Best of Amish Cooking. Her commitment is to make it possible for everyone to cook who would like to, whatever their age. Good spends her time writing, editing books, and cooking new recipes. She lives in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.