Tai Chi Chuan Martial Applications: Advanced Yang Style (Paperback)
This 3rd edition includes a new and easy-to-follow layout. Each technique is presented in four to six large photographs with detailed instructions on how to perform the movements. Motion arrows are used on the photographs to help you execute the movements correctly.
DISCOVER THE MARTIAL ESSENCE OF TAI CHI CHUAN
Here's your chance to take the next step in your tai chi journey
Martial applications found within tai chi chuan are a direct link to your tai chi as a form of self-defense. When you study the martial side of tai chi, you can become proficient in a variety of high-level skills, including sensing, neutralizing, yielding, striking, chin na, and even throwing.
If you know a tai chi form, you are going to discover the essence of your movements by becoming aware of their martial applications.
If you are practicing tai chi pushing hands, you will greatly improve your skills with this understanding of martial applications.
If you are ready, you are going to love the amazing tai chi fighting set. This fully choreographed set (requires a partner) will combine all your tai chi skills into one 5-minute routine.
This book includes:
- Martial applications for the Yang-style long form
- Martial applications for Yang-style tai chi pushing hands
- The complete Yang-style tai chi fighting set
For any style of tai chi chuan, this book will be important for practitioners who wish to develop a deeper understanding and advanced skills.
- Learn how to analyze the forms and defense applications in your tai chi, gaining higher-level knowledge of your style.
- Discover the martial applications of Yang style. These insights will give you greater understanding of your own art.
- Find inspiration. Master Yang's writing will inspire you to investigate the martial applications of your tai chi style.
About the Author
Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming is a world authority on tai chi chuan and Chinese martial arts. He maintains 55 schools in 18 countries. He is the author of over 35 books and 80 instructional videos. Inside Kung Fu Magazine nominated him as a person "who has made the greatest impact on martial arts in the past 100 years." Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming resides and teaches at his retreat center in Miranda, California.