New Orleans Cocktails: An Elegant Collection of Over 100 Recipes Inspired by the Big Easy (Cocktail Recipes, New Orleans History, Travel Cocktails) (City Cocktails) (Hardcover)
N'awlins. Crescent City. The Big Easy. New Orleans is full of culture and at the heart of this culture…cocktails!
Immerse yourself in the magic and mystery of the city with this fun and elegant new guide to the best bars and cocktails of New Orleans. Far more than just a cocktail recipe book, New Orleans Cocktails features signature creations by the best mixologists in the Big Easy, inspired by Crescent City musicians, writers, and revolutionaries alike.
- More than 100 of New Orleans' most exciting cocktails and bartender originals, including: New Orleans classics like the Sazerac (at the Sazerac Bar, of course) and Arnaud's twist on the French 75, drinks inspired by the city's history, like the absinthe-filled Jean LaFitte Cocktail
- A Brief History of New Orleans cocktails
- Soundtrack suggestions to transport you to the birthplace of Jazz
- Bartending techniques and preparations to make exquisite cocktails at home
- Tips for the first-time New Orleans visitor drinking their way around the city
- Cocktail terminology for understanding what you hear and what you read
- Iconic drinks like the Classic Hurricane that will transport you to Bourbon Street
You'll also find invaluable insider tips from local bartenders, including a Q&A with Ann Tuennerman, founder of Tales of the Cocktail! Concoct your own authentic Mardi Gras celebration without ever leaving your zip code with this comprehensive guide to the art of New Orleans cocktail making.
"Whether a clean-drinking history buff or a connoisseur of all things served in fancy cups, New Orleans Cocktails raises a glass to the best of culture." - Christina Leo, inRegister
"Transport yourself to the heart of New Orleans' fascinating cocktail culture with this collection of contemporary and classic drinks. Expect unique libations inspired by writers, musicians, and revolutionaries of The Big Easy, as well as bartender insights, party-planning chapters, and top shopping tips." - The Spirits Business
About the Author
Sarah Baird is a writer and editor based in New Orleans. An award-winning former restaurant critic for the city's alt-weekly and seasoned tippling enthusiast, her work appears regularly in print and online for Lucky Peach, Food52, AFAR, Pacific Standard, Saveur, The Atlantic, Eater, The Village Voice, PUNCH, The Guardian, GOOD, Liquor.com and beyond. In addition to New Orleans Cocktails, Sarah is the author of Kentucky Sweets: Bourbon Balls, Spoonbread, and Mile High Pie and Summer Squash. Sarah holds a deep, abiding affection for dive bars, and probably knows the perfect drinking song for any occasion.