Guide to the Birds of Alaska (Paperback)
This title is not currently in stock and is likely unavailable for us to order. For more info, click on Ask A Bookseller.
"For those who plan to visit Alaska, this book is an obvious must, but even armchair birders will get satisfaction from reading it. Any birder will get many hours of enjoyment" --The Canadian Field-NaturalistGuide to the Birds of Alaska has been a must-have for Alaska birders for more than thirty years.
New in the sixth edition:
- More than 900 full-color photos, including 400 new to this edition
- every bird is now illustrated including the casuals and accidentals
- 22 new species of birds
- All changes in names and systematics made by the American Ornithological Union
- Updated status and distribution charts showing the seasonal occurrence of each bird in Alaska's six biogeographic regions
- Detailed information on field marks, behavior, similar species, voice, and habitat
- Useful map of Alaska's six biogeographic regions
- Checklist of all species for birder's use
- Comprehensive reading list and index
This comprehensive guide provides the most current knowledge about the birds in Alaska. "A fun and convenient way to pique or enhance your interest in Alaskan birds." -- Daily Sitka Sentinel
About the Author
Bob Armstrong has pursued a career in Alaska as a biologist, naturalist, and nature photographer since 1960. He is the author of the best-selling book NATURE OF SOUTHEAST ALASKA and numerous other popular and scientific books and articles on the natural history of the state. He lives in Juneau, Alaska. www.naturebob.com