My Father's Dragon (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #69) (CD-Audio)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 69 in the The Jim Weiss Audio Collection series.
- #68: Genius, Times Four: Scientists and Mathematicians Who Fought Disease, Stopped Time, and Opened New Worlds (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #68) (CD-Audio): $14.95
- #70: Jim Weiss Curious Creatures Bundle: My Father?s Dragon; The Reluctant Dragon; Just So Stories & Animal Tales (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #70) (CD-Audio): $59.90
- #71: Jim Weiss Great Women and Men Bundle: Galileo and the Stargazers; Swordsmen, Saints, and Scholars;Genius, Times Four & I Said I Could and I Did (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #71) (CD-Audio): $59.90
- #72: King Arthur and His Knights Bundle: Audiobook and Companion Reader (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #72) (Mixed media product): $34.90
- #73: American Tall Tales Bundle: Audiobook & Companion Reader (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #73) (Mixed media product): $34.90
- #74: Heroes, Horses, and Harvest Moons Bundle: Audiobook & Illustrated Reader (The Jim Weiss Audio Collection #74) (Mixed media product): $36.90
Master storyteller Jim Weiss brings Ruth Gannett’s Newbery Honor-winning classic to rollicking life in this new, unabridged audio adaptation.
Young Elmer Elevator must use all his resourcefulness and cleverness (along with a little bit of chewing gum) to survive a journey to the mysterious Wild Island, where he aims to rescue an enslaved dragon. Jim Weiss’s endless variety of voices depict the crocodiles, warthogs, tigers, warthogs, and other colorful creatures whom Elmer meets along the way.
About the Author
In 1989, Jim Weiss set out on a mission: to record the greatest stories he knew from world literature and history, and inspire families -- especially young listeners -- with a passionate love of the original classics. In the three decades since then, Jim's narration voice and seemingly numberless character voices have formed foundational entertainment and education for millions of listeners around the world.
Winning hundreds of awards, Jim’s recordings range on the literary side from fairy tales through stories from Shakespeare, Dickens and Conan Doyle, while his history recordings bring to vivid life major historical events and personalities from the ancient world through the twentieth century.
The inspiration for all this began early, with parents and grandparents who told stories and read aloud to him, skills which Jim joyously acquired, and which led him to a degree in Communications and Speech from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Later, his wife, Randy, earned her own national awards as a teacher and counselor, and their shared passion for learning led to forming their company in 1989, long before the explosion of spoken word recordings made this a "sensible" decision. The recordings began winning listeners and national awards from the first. A few years ago, the Weiss's licensed their recordings and business operations to Well-Trained Mind Press, which has successfully introduced Jim's work into still more markets, while Jim continues to write, record, teach and perform.