Amma, Tell Me about Ramayana! (Amma Tell Me #3) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the Amma Tell Me series.
- #1: Amma Tell Me about Holi! (Paperback): $14.50
- #2: Amma, Tell Me about Diwali! (Amma Tell Me #2) (Paperback): $14.50
- #4: Amma Tell Me about Krishna!: Part 1 in the Krishna Trilogy (Paperback): $14.50
- #5: Amma Tell Me How Krishna Fought the Demons!: Part 2 in the Krishna Trilogy (Paperback): $14.50
- #6: Amma Tell Me How Krishna Defeated Kansa!: Part 3 in the Krishna Trilogy! (Paperback): $14.50
- #7: Amma, Tell Me about Ganesha! (Amma Tell Me #7) (Paperback): $14.50
- #8: Amma, Tell Me about Hanuman!: Part 1 in the Hanuman Trilogy (Amma Tell Me #8) (Paperback): $14.50
- #9: Amma Tell Me How Hanuman Crossed the Ocean!: Part 2 in the Hanuman Trilogy! (Paperback): $14.50
- #10: Amma Tell Me about Hanuman's Adventures in Lanka!: Part 3 in the Hanuman Trilogy (Paperback): $14.50
- #11: Amma Tell Me about Durga Puja! (Paperback): $14.50
- #12: Amma Tell Me about Raksha Bandhan! (Large Print / Paperback): $14.50
- #13: Amma Tell Me about the Avatars of Vishnu!: Part 1 (Paperback): $14.50
The story of Rama, the righteous prince,
Written ages ago by the poet Valmiki.
This is Ramayana - an ancient, epic poem,
As told by Amma to Klaka and Kiki.
Beloved prince of Ayodhya, next in line to be king;
Banished to the forest at his stepmother's behest.
Waged a war with the demon Ravana to rescue his wife
Helped by an army of monkeys in his quest.
Amme Tell Me is a charming and informative series of children's books that introduces the major Hindu festivals and figures to young readers, and are perfect for families wanting to share stories of Hinduism with their children or for educators looking for resource on the Hindu culture for their students. Written in rhyme with vivid, captivating illustrations, this series brings Hindu mythology to its readers in a fun and non-preachy way. The Series has ten books on the festivals of Holi, Diwali, and on the Hindu gods Krishna, Hanuman and Ganesha.
About the Author
Bhakti Mathur grew up in Delhi, India. She lives in Hong Kong, a city that she absolutely adores, with her husband, her two sons, Shiv and Veer, and their beloved golden Labrador, Frodo. She is a banker by profession and currently works for a major Asian Bank.Bhakti's love for books started from a young age. Her mother was a librarian and as a child she landed up spending many hours in the library--books proved to be great and inexpensive baby sitters! The idea for the 'Amma, Tell Me' series of books came as a way to introduce her sons to Indian mythology and festivals.When not writing, working or running after her boys, she is happiest curled up with a book and a hot cup of chai.