Today (Large Print / Paperback)
Today is a book for the moment, embracing our differences through illustrations representing diversity and inclusion, while also providing simple mindfulness practices for children.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
By acknowledging those who feel different, this book promotes diversity and inclusion through detailed illustrations. Providing a visual representation for those who identify with disabilities, lgbtqia2s+, different cultures and religions is important to the author. Therefore, including children with different exteriors is vital to the dedication of the book:
To anyone who feels different. Thanks for making the world more BEAUTIFUL place
- Different representation - Native American, Lgbtqia2s+, Sikh, Muslim, Jewish, Christian, South/Central/North American Eastern Asian, Western Asian, African, European and more
- Different exterior tones - light skin, medium skin, dark skin, light hair, red hair, medium hair, dark hair
- Different exterior functionalities - wheelchair, prosthetic, partial limbs, glasses, hearing aid, alopecia/cancer, blindness
Our DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION goal is to provide a safe space for children and adults alike to start conversations about those who look different, to feel seen with their uniqueness and focus on what we have in common.
Each page provides a different way to use our mind and body to feel the full experience that's happening right now, Today. The mindfulness techniques are subtle and fun for children of all kinds to enjoy while reading this book and practice on their own. With our busy lives, it's sometimes hard to recognize and appreciate the little moments of life.
- Calming your monkey mind
- Showing kindness
- Enjoying the moment
- Try new things
- Experiencing right now
Our MINDFULNESS goal is to provide fun, achievable and practical examples of how to live a life with a bit more mindfulness and appreciation.
GREAT WAYS TO USE BOOK
- Conversation starter to discuss similarities and differences in cultures, religions, disabilities, and mindfulness
- Parents, educators, and librarians can provide a safe space for children to visualize diversity, inclusion, acceptance, and mindfulness practices for children
- Provides representation for children from many diverse backgrounds
- Allows children to visualize through thoughtful words and vivid illustrations, a variety of ways to incorporate diversity and mindfulness techniques into their everyday life
Experience the moment of TODAY and practice mindfulness with friends who all add their own beauty to our world.
Am I mindful or is my mind full today?
Sometimes I forget to enjoy what's happening today, because my mind is full of tomorrows and yesterday.
So, when my thoughts come crashing in, I remember I can't control everything but I can stop and experience the moment right now... Today.